Here I sit in my apartment on good 'ole Marstellar street (or should I say the stellar street of mars?) after a long summer away. It's good to be back! So far things are going pretty splendidly. I didn't have my 7:30 chem lab yesterday (which would have been nice to know before I woke up at the crack of dawn and trekked across campus, but hey.... I'll take what I can get!), my soc 100 prof. didn't show up so we left after 15 minutes, and my other 2 classes seem pretty manageable thus far.
Last night we had our kick off meeting and then we girls kidnapped Ashley for a belated birthday party. Lots of singing and ice cream..... mmmmmmm.
I decided recently that if I rotated between chocolate, cinnamon, and original flavored animal crackers, I would be perfectly content to eat them for breakfast and lunch indefinitely. They are crazy good! Not only do they taste amazing, but they really don't go bad, they're easy to carry around, and they are shaped........ like animals. With each bite I imagine some thrilling jungle adventure or safari surprise. The possibilities are endless!!!
Well I am going to go pretend I have homework to work on or something. I am trying to basque in this time where I only have to pretend it..... I am sure by the end of the week I'll have the real stuff to deal with! :)
10 comments:
oh crissy.
if you ever need company or anyone to eat animal crackers with...i'm a pro...i'll bring some frosting with me.
great job on the meeting last night!
oh bless-ed!
Christen! Yeah a post! I love your reference to jungle adventures when you eat animal crackers. I was totally cracking up! Hope your year gets off to a great start! It was good to see you Saturday!
Animal Crackers...the snack of my college years. They work to keep you awake (or at least for a little while) during long, boring lectures. They are cheap and come in the large 2 lbs. bag. Now that I think of it...would life go on without them?
love ya girl!
My dear daughter, i am so impressed with the healthy things you think are delicious! i can't imagine thinking that i would be content to have animal crackers for breakfast and lunch indefinitely---unfortunately, i think i could imagine chocolate mousse, Lemon delight, ice cream with coconut, brown sugar and whipping cream----------?
i think i'll go to bed before i open the cupboards :-). I won't share the last thing i ate, either. i'll let you imagine it was a vegetable.
your animal cracker love cracked me up. :) i'm happy to see there wasn't TOO long of a pause between posts.
~sharsh
I learned something new from you! I didn't know animal crackers came in different 'flavors'...oh Christen...look at the knowledge you are sharing as well as gaining while you're there at Purdue. :)
Good luck with this year, Ms. Secretary. I love it...I hope you do to!
I meant to say, I loveD it...I'm not still living in the glory days of being secretary. It was fun but not THAT fun...life does go on after it. :) Now, I'm not making any sense.
Anyway, happy Wednesday and jungle adventures.
animal cracker, animal cracker, where for art thou animal cracker?
My favorite animal cracker is the camel. Don't know why, it just is
oh man, that jackie is a kindred spirit...i like the way she thinks. chocolate, ice cream....yes please.
Post a Comment