Emily, oh Emily......how does your garden grow?!

Last night after the praise singing, we girls kidnapped Emily for her 21st birthday, which is today! Wahooo! After some blindfolding and crazy driving to disorient our directionally gifted friend, we drove to Greyhouse, which is a stellar coffee shop that took the place of village coffee shop. It is actually owned and run by a christian organization called Campus house. Although we arrived only 20 minutes before they closed, the workers were super sweet and accommodating. They even commented on how cool it was that we were at a coffee house on the eve of Em's 21st when 90% of college students are taking part in some....well.... different activities. :) It is always encouraging to meet other Christians on campus.
*
So, ya. I am pretty much just a big fan of Emily. We were good friends when we were little, but when I became a Christian at a young age, we grew apart and hardly talked for a good 5 or 6 years. It has been amazing to re-unite with this bosom buddy and see God's working in her life. I've watched as God has lead her through some extremely difficult and testing times, and have been amazed at her continually deeper faith and consistant example.
*
Em, you have been a better friend to me over the past year 1/2 than I ever could have imagined! I love your honesty, your passion for Christ, your goofy fun-ness, and your ability to relate on so many levels. I am super pumped to have a few more months with you around the 'ole school grounds and then to see where life takes you! Thanks for being a stupendous friend. Most of all, thanks for laughing with me at Francesville church programs. :)

*******
The blindfold did not lessen Em's excitement for the evening ahead.....2 of the kidnapping banditsNummy dessert. :)All the girls...... Emily REALLY just loved her cake. :)
Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm a big fan of that girl too!

emilykate said...

bless-ed bless-ed. i feel mucho unworthy but definitely well satisfied and thankful.

love you and can't wait to rock out in the fort with you soon...

Kendra said...

Good times were had by all!! Jodi, it would have been great to have you with us to celebrate, but we understand. Crispy and Emu, have a great weekend in Ft. Wayne.

Kendra <><

leah said...

of fullness of joy.

great recap chrissy;)

Daveana said...

I'm terribly sad that I missed this! :'(''''