Baroda, baby!

Oh man,

What to blog, what to blog?! This whole inability to upload pictures issue is killing me!

So, we've been pretty busy these days. Our activities include:

-a train ride from Delhi to Baroda-- what an experience. There is just nothing like the train station in Delhi. 'Nuf said.
-lots of time at the college here in Baroda, including dinner at various student's houses, tours, etc.
-lots of time at the mall food court. We were all beyond thrilled to see both a Dominos and McDonalds......strange, I know! Crazy things happen in a foreign land. At this point, though, I think we are all offically chicken sandwhich-ed and pizza-d out. :)

I must say, some of the initial glamour of being in a foreign country has worn off, and I find myself longing for things from home that I never even gave a conscious thought to in the past. I will return home with a huge appreciation for the mannnny things I take so for granted. A small sampling of things I will deeply relish:

--toilet paper in bathrooms!
--horns on vehicles that are not constantly honking and do not play musical tunes... believe me, it sounds kind of pleasant, but one can only handle so many trumpet-sounding honks in a day! hehe. :)

I hope you are all doing swell in the states!!
Category: 4 comments

4 comments:

Daveana said...

Owh Chwisten,

I too developed a deep appreciation for toilet paper in bathrooms when I was in a foreign country. It was annoying having to shove a swath of paper in my pocket before heading out for work.

smw said...

i can't wait 'til i can hear all about it!! :) maybe between coming home and restarting school, you can make a stop off her for a night or two! :)

mom said...

it's funny how the "little things" are what can be the "biggest" things, sometimes. We will be glad to see you!!! You have our love and prayers always, it's so good to have those, they surpass any amount of miles, isn't that great??

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you, Christen and glad you're doing alright. I agree that being in a foreign country makes us realize how rich we are in America and how many daily advantages we take for granted. It's a lesson worth learning and remembering though.

Love,
Aunt Pam