A long overdue thank you!



So last week (Tuesday, to be exact) was my birthday..... and what a day it was! I spent the night Monday at Kaitlin's and had some MUCH needed quality time with her. What a blast.... Jenny, I don't know if you read my blog or not, but I hope you enjoyed that card your Mom sent! :)

Tuesday Morning we slept in.... a little late. Then Mom came and took Kait and I to the Olive Garden, which was AMAZING! Accompanying her in the back seat was an angel food cake that, needless to say, didn't live until Wednesday (maybe it never really lived.. but you get the point).

THEN I arrived back at Marstellar to be greeted by numerous amazing friends and continual "happy birthdays" which, oddly enough, really make your day in and of themselves!

You think all of this has been peachy to the hilt? Well, the most exciting thing of all happened when I least expected it (well sort of). I was blindfolded and abducted my some vicious looking females and forced into an awaiting get away car. My anticipation was almost unbearable as Ashley's (I mean... one of the vicious girls') car took sharp turn after sharp turn...... leaving us finally in the parking lot of a local rollerskating rink. I spent the rest of the night in a circling/skating oblivion, surrounded by a group of dearies that I love.

After much skating, a little hokey pokey, and a painful fall or two, it was back to the ranch for cake, ice cream, and gumballs. Yes, gumballs. I got a gumball machine AND a whole yard container full of them!

What a fun birthday! And what fun friends! And what fun family! And what a fun skating rink! Rollerskating is pretty much the best thing since 1989.......
:)
Category: 4 comments

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris---it sounds like you had an exciting birthday!!! Where did you find the picture of the angel food cake? How neat :-). I hope your week goes well, and that you enjoy your spanish classes. Maybe i should take one. i have wondered about that---we'll see.

emilykate said...

that WAS a fun evening...glad you loved your birthday!!

Bry&Ash said...

Hey, thanks for calling me today! It was nice to talk for awhile. I miss you. Oh, and I think I do have a class tomorrow during your Bible table...how sad.

Anonymous said...

Christen, I am reading your blog :). Yes the card was....weird! Love, J