I've been thinking about this phrase quite a bit lately. I have been thinking about it with a new twist. The twist is this: "I lay (on the ground) humbled." What does this mean? Quite simple.....
Friday night was the Purdue singing, which was probably one of my favorite ones to date. It was extremely relaxing and I had a chance to catch up with some friends I haven't been with in forever. The night was also enhanced by an hour or so in the baby room casually talking/observing the oblivious people on the other side of the "mirror". We had a couple people come and adjust their hair or casually glance at themselves as they passed by.... always good for some laughs. :) The singing was awesome, too! Really enjoyed it.....
Anyways, I'm getting off track. Back to the story. It was the end of a quite marvelous evening, and a small group of Purdue-ians had gathered in the kitchen. After much hyper activity, we exited the building via the kitchen door..... out onto a snow covered parking lot. Well, I walked a few feet and then stopped to contemplate where to go after I left the church. Suddenly, I felt myself slipping and before I could even think to stop myself, I was laying on my back on the pavement. Laughing. Kind of hurting. Feeling a bit silly. Wondering how one goes from standing to laying on their back when not even walking....
I think the phrase "I lay humbled" ran through my mind a few times in the 30 seconds I lay laughing hysterically on the ground. And probably many times thereafter.
Ay ay ayyyyyyyyyy............
--Farewell from a girl with a sore neck (whiplash-like symptoms)
5 comments:
ah the events that humble us rather quickly and painfully. i hear ya...:)
you are so hysterical, chris. i love reading your blog. :)
Please be careful. i don't want you to get hurt. (who would tell you this? :-)
Mumsie?! Mutter? Madre?
I am in intense anticipationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
You are rrrrrrright!!!
Post a Comment