Is my memory weird?

After recounting numerous unshared memories with some close friends and family, I have been wondering if I have an abnormal memory.

So, I do this thing where I'll think about what day it is and wonder "Hmm....where was I and what was I was doing exactly a year ago?" After pondering for a few minutes, I can usually remember where I was and what I was doing within about a week or so. Keep in mind that this is usually only true for weekends that I travel or weeks that hold special events, but both of those things seem to happen a lot, so.......

Here's an example: As a means of procrastinating homework today, I've been reminiscing about how this Saturday a year ago, the group was leaving for Magdalena, Mexico. Our flight got bumped up a couple hours because of the bad weather. I remember.......
*my family running around trying to get ready a couple hours earlier than planned
*Phil talking on the phone to figure time stuff out with Kent
*writing in my newly-made journal on the way to Lafayette in the snow storm
*Emily and Jodi both wearing fleece jackets and wishing I had one :)
*Chad H. and Clint S.'s flight getting cancelled and all of us bidding them farewell, thinking they may not be able to come on the trip
*riding with Natalie on the way to Indy and taking dorky pictures on my new phone
*feeling kind of bad (but not that bad) that I hadn't worn my orange shirt like most of the group.
*re-packing Ashley's carry-on in the middle of the crazy airport walkway because of the new liquid rules
*eating at Camile's and getting a chicken caesar wrap
*trading seats with Joel S. on the airplane so he could sit with the guys, but being sort of sad b/c I didn't get to sit with Andrew and Phil like I was going to :)

O.k. So now you are probably either (a) very creeped out by my memory (keep in mind that I left out about 9/10 of my memories because I didn't want to bore you) or (b) thinking I am pretty normal because you do the same thing.

So, do you do this?
Category: 8 comments

8 comments:

Dani said...

I can't say that I do that, but it's pretty awesome that you have such a good memory! I can usually recall trips but not the dates they occured.

Tricky said...

Being that I have such a terrible memory...I don't do this. But, I'm glad I can count on a wonderful friend like you to remind me of all the good times:)

emilykate said...

ha, love it. i'm not sure if my memory is quite as stellar as yours...but i tend to remember odd details that i never share b/c i think they would creep people out.

Daveana said...

Creepy...very creepy,

Okay, so I'm just kidding because I totally do this too. If people think it's creepy, then....We can be creepers together!

leah said...

oh my word! i love it.

i wish i had your memory.

i love the lists of thoughts...you are so funny!

Sandra said...

no christen I can't say I do this. I sure wish I could though. thats awesome the way you can remember all that stuff. Do you keep a journal every day?? If you do, maybe writing it down helps you to remember things better?

Sarena said...

Some days I'll remember things like, "hey, I met so and so a year ago today". But I can't necessarily do it every day. Right now I can't remember what I did last Christmas Break and its driving me crazy!! I can't wait for Mexico this Spring Break.. I hope you're going :)

Sara Huber said...

Hey Christen...just wanted to say I can TOTALLY relate. I can pretty much always remember random thoughts and details about events a few years after they happened. I remember being in like 2nd grade and I could go through every item in my closet and tell my mom where and when I got it...she thought it was quite odd. :) And it is, I suppose. Fun post.