It's back to week #13 after a wonderful Easter weekend with friends and family! Here are some pictures from the weekend....
Philly and Rachy :)
Hanging out in the office
Dad decided to grace us all with a couple songs on the guitar. I must say, he plays surprisingly well for only playing once or twice a year!
Phil reverted back to his childhood and played farm on the living room floor while everyone else over the age of 7 played domino's. Business was going well until tornado Stephanie came and destroyed his toil in the soil. :)
Ashley's fam. was away in Florida, so we had the honor of including her in our weekend festivities. By the way, I think we look like a married couple in this picture-- I am even holding her hand in mine on my side. :) (to keep her from tickling me, of course)
Some of the kiddos.... I love them dearly!
Grandma Grimm was also present, which was a lot of fun!

Jaret and Shar shielding themselves from the paparazzi....
They finally gave in to their inevitable fame and took a stunning picture together....
Anyway, the weekend was really relaxing and fun and I had a great time with everyone. I was struck, though, by how un-struck I sometimes find myself by the death of Christ and the price He paid for me. While I am sometimes totally in awe by Christ's love, too often I feel very familiar with the Easter story and digest sermons like they are facts in a lecture. I know that if I truly understood the depth of Christ's sacrifice, I wouldn't be able to sit through a Good Friday or Easter service without balling. I guess it has just been humbling and convicting to realize how small my understanding truly is!
***
Well, I am going to quit rambling now, but I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)
Jaret and Shar shielding themselves from the paparazzi....
They finally gave in to their inevitable fame and took a stunning picture together....
Anyway, the weekend was really relaxing and fun and I had a great time with everyone. I was struck, though, by how un-struck I sometimes find myself by the death of Christ and the price He paid for me. While I am sometimes totally in awe by Christ's love, too often I feel very familiar with the Easter story and digest sermons like they are facts in a lecture. I know that if I truly understood the depth of Christ's sacrifice, I wouldn't be able to sit through a Good Friday or Easter service without balling. I guess it has just been humbling and convicting to realize how small my understanding truly is!
***
Well, I am going to quit rambling now, but I hope you all have a wonderful week! :)
4 comments:
I completely agree with what you mean.. the story is so familiar to us that we're sometimes numbed to how spectacular it all was.. is! Very grand pictures.. especially the one of you and Ashley :) Perhaps Week #13 of Econ will fly by!
Glad you had an excellent weekend! We need to catch up this week! Perhaps a morning at ummm I'm drawing a blank on the name of the cereal place in the Union. :)
Love you!
It was wonderful having you all here. God is so good, and like you said, we can't begin to understand His great love and sacrifice for us-- but the more we get "glimpses", the more thankful we are and the more we want to praise and glorify Him.
chris,
like you said on my blog, it's really sad that we don't meet at the "beef house" (what a terrible name!) anymore. i really miss those days!!! looks like you guys had a great time!!!
Post a Comment