The untimely death of my piano black beaut.....

Phones will come and phones will go
Some with joy, and some with woe.
I recently parted with my phone of yore
For I had an upgrade to one that suit me more
I browsed the Verizon Wireless website with much joy & glee
Pondering which new, schnazzy phone was the best for me

Well, the moment I saw her, there was no turning back
She was sleek, smooth, and sliding in the hue of "piano black"
I purchased her in a flurry, and in just one day she arrived
And after some activation fun, she was ever at my side

Well, they say that you never know what you've got until it's gone
I wish this tale had a more interesting theme, but alas the theme lives on....

While emerging from the intrigue 'neath a dark and starry sky
I dropped the piano black on the ground, it's pieces invisible to the eye
I eventually found the dissembled phone- back, battery, and all
The front screen felt quite funny- very dirty from the fall
I entered the house to get some light to see what there was to see
And words simply can't express the shock that swiftly enveloped me
My new, beauteous, sliding black phone was shattered and oh so very marred!
How was I to know that it was the day she'd be forever scarred?

Well, what's done is done, as a wise 'ole fellow once said
I guess I must move on, get some slumber, and rest my head
It only seemed right, though, to acknowledge her in some way
For being a faithful phone, if only for several a day.......

Category: 6 comments

6 comments:

mom said...

oh my!! you are a funny girl--and quite poetic!!

I'm also a little worried about that hippo--(or should i say, worried about you being had for lunch)?

emilykate said...

Ohh...that was such a fun phone, that stinks!

But had your phone not shattered, I would have never had the chance to read this DE-lightful poem! Just one of the many reasons I love you more than life. :)

smw said...

you are so funny. such great poetry! i'm impressed! that was a lengthy bit of work!

Daveana said...

Oh How Sad! :(

What a lovely poem though, It was splendid!

I absolutely love your main picture! :)

leah said...

i wish i could somehow post the smile on my face of that picture of you apt 9 girls at the top of your blog...

hilarious.

Tricky said...

AWWW.....sad day when a phone dies!! Hope you can get another soon!! Like the new pic....we are crazy :)