Overcommitting? Perhaps....

Well, I am not going to get into the nitty gritty details, but this week has been HECTIC. I'm not talking about medium stress, folks, I'm talking about the king-sized stuff. I think I may have overcommitted this semester, but at this point I don't have much of a choice but to press onward! :)

There have been a couple pick-me ups in these toilsome days, though. For example:

(1) A very recent run to Greyhouse with the girls for some much needed (yes NEEDED) gelato.
Annnnnd...
(2) Kendra Neihouser!
Kendra was in town on Monday and Tuesday for some picnicking & t-cats fun. In the midst of some intense lucubration on Tuesday morning, I got a call from her asking what kind of drink I would potentially enjoy from Starbucks.... suspicious? I think yes!

She soon arrived at our apartment with a coffee, a dozen Panera bagels, and a Starbucks gift card. SERIOUSLY, how sweet is she?!

The bagel-bearing beaut! In stark contrast with the first month or so of the semester, some pretty intese studying has been had in our apartment these days.

Kaitlin @ our post in the kitchen The blonde with the cute hat...
Now the time has come to be productive once again....blast! Wish us luck, all you non-schoolians out there.... I'm sure you are NEVER busy. ;)
Category: 7 comments

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Aww! That Kendra is pretty amazing...If the weather at Purdue was anything like northern IN, Starbucks would have hit the spot for a cold dreary day.

Kendra said...

Oh Christen:). I will definitely be praying for you this semester. It was so great to spend some time with you even if it was short lived!

smw said...

sorry to hear about your king sized stress. i was going to call you today, but how about you just call me when things feel more calm?

mom (jacki) said...

Webster's definition: :-)
Lucubration-study at night, work produced at night.-also "to work by lamplight", and "laborious study"

That was for any others who wondered what it meant! ha.

And Christen, even though i am busy, it is not with studying for tests, for which i am very thankful!! --- Your day is coming!! :-)---just keep on keeping on, you're doing great!!

Bry&Ash said...

Oh no. Sorry you're so stressed. But thank goodness for all stars like Kendra.:)

I think I shall be seeing you this very Saturday, my friend. And I am very excited about that!

Hopefully some things will be behind you and you'll be more relaxed then...

Love you!
Ash

Christen Leigh said...

Ha, Mom I am so very glad you provided a definition for us all. :) That was one of our "word of the days" last week.

And to all you other sweet friends, don't worry- I was just feeling sorry for myself. I am sure we've all had busy semesters, but when you have a blog I feel you have license to complain (cough... I mean....mention it) at least every once and again, right? :)

Oh, and Ashton-- are you coming to that house/museum thing? yay that is exciting!

emilykate said...

Oh my...Kendra is the coolest!! Things like that would definitely help through a crazy week. Keep going, you're almost done!