So funny!

So about a month ago I got a letter in the mail saying that I had received a scholarship and was required to attend a banquet on November 14. I thought it was kind of weird because, although I remembered applying for a few scholarships in the spring, I hadn't received any of them to my knowledge.

I didn't question it too much, though.... I mean who is going to refuse money in college?

So, I went to the banquet on Saturday. I got all dressed up, nonchalantly sipped my coffee while pretending not to feel awkward in a reception room full of hundreds of strangers, eventually became the best of buds with another wandering and lonely scholarship recipient, took a picture with a cute little old lady who was my scholarship donor.. yadda, yadda, yadda.

Well, I found out today that there was some sort of mix up and I really didn't get the scholarship. I guess this should probably depress me (it does a little), but more than anything it totally cracks me up! How does that happen?! They even had a name tag for me! It is so funny to me that I was at that banquet... I feel like I stole some one's identity or something. :)

Oh well, I got a good meal out of the deal. Maybe God knew how barren my cupboards were going to be on this particular November Saturday and decided to go to extreme measures to provide? ;)
Category: 6 comments

6 comments:

emilykate said...

Thanks for handing me by far the biggest laugh this week. Seriously, I have been laughing for the last 5 minutes...this WOULD happen to you. Oh Christen...life would be dullsville w/o you!
(Yes, I said dullsville)

smw said...

chris, that is SO funny. :) i think it's great how you always find the humor in a situation.

Sandra said...

oh my!! I think you should demand money:)...since you DID attend:)!! HEE HEE

mom said...

my mother's heart thinks this is sort of sad :-(.
i'm sorry, Chrissy. Maybe i will laugh harder later :-). for now you can enjoy my sympathy (although i don't know that you really want it?)

Unknown said...

Hehe haha....this is quite hilarious!! I can just picture it all and it gives me quite a chuckle. Sorry you didn't get the money but glad you got a laugh out of it. laughing is better than money anyways :)

Dani said...

Hilarious Christen! I can't believe they could make a mistake so thoroughly without catching it. I do agree, a laugh and a free meal make the entire episode well worth it:)