Well, over the past month, I caught the drift from a couple people (who will remain anonymous) that some sort of birthday surprise was in the works for this weekend in Indy. I was very suspicious as I arrived for some "hanging out time" with Ashley, Kendra, Dani, and Em. I really didn't know what to expect and therefore hadn't let myself get all worked up.....the only evidence of my anticipation was the constant little flutter of my curious and excited heart.....
Little did I know that as I entered the front door, all these people were lurking sneakily around the corner in the kitchen:

The big surprise caught on tape by the world-renown videographer, Leah Gerber:
This was seriously probably my best birthday ever. Ever! I have always thought a surprise party would be so much fun but never really expected to have one. Even when I was suspicious about this weekend, I had no clue how many people would show up. I still get a big smile on my face everytime I think about it.
I feel seriously humbled and blessed......... and let me tell you, I don't say such things unless I really mean it!
So, thanks to all my amazing friends and especially to Ashley who got the whole shebang rolling--pretty amazing. My life will never be the same..... (ok slightly dramatic, but my week and maybe month probably won't be.) :)
8 comments:
Happy Birthday Chris!! and hmmmm....all I can say is, there are lots and lots of boys at your party. he he. ;) Looks like you have a lot of great friends! Glad you had such a fun birhtday! love ya!
rebekah, i was going to say the exsact same thing! :) i'm so glad your friends did that for you! that was so sweet of them. you look so cute and i'm glad you had a good party!
I'm glad you got a surprise party. It sounds like so much fun!
And happy birthday from me, too!:)
Love you,
Ash
What a fun party! Love you!
What a delight!! Glad you had a birthday to celebrate!! Much Love!!
This was fun to look at, some of your girl friends who were there aren't in the picture, though, where are they hiding? :-).
i can't get the "video" to play.
anyone else having that problem?
i think it's my computer, because i can't get any to play this eve.
Ashley, you blessed Christen with your kindness, i pray the Lord will also abundantly bless you!!!
A note of explanation to my teasing cousins.... the boy/girl ratio in the PYG is 3 to 1, hence the seemingly large turnout of boys. :) Also, at least 3 of my dear girl friends were indeed hiding in the picture. ;)
Love you guys and miss you!!
Wow quite the group. Why do i get the feeling that you spend more time with my freinds than i do.
Post a Comment