Ahhhh!

I know I just posted, but I simply had to write again because I am currently SUPER pumped and excited!! Why so? Well, I just bought a plane ticket to...... India! There is no turning back now, so I thought I might as well proclaim it on the rooftops! :)

I have been wanting to study abroad pretty much my whole college career, and last fall I finally took some initiative and went to a study abroad fair. I really didn't have a huge preference as to where I went, but knew I wanted to go somewhere. Since I only have 1 semester of classes left, very few programs offer the classes I still need. In fact, only one program totally aligned with my class requirements, so my choice was pretty easy. :)

On July 16th I will be embarking on a month long trip called "Children and Families in India". We're flying into New Delhi and throughout the course of the trip plan to travel to Baroda, Anand, Amedabad, and Chennai.
I am so excited and am hoping I haven't gotten myself into anything too crazy (I think my parents are thinking the same thing hehe)! I'm sure there will be many India-related posts to come!
Category: 7 comments

7 comments:

Tricky said...

So exciting that everything worked out!! Yeah for you :) I'll pray that you didn't get yourself into something too crazy! I'm sure it will be a life-changing experience :)

mom said...

I am glad you are excited!!

We love you, and are glad you have something that you are looking forward to doing, and also learning.

Just think, i can pray for you for 4 months before you leave :-).

mom said...

Oh! Five months! i was thinking June, and then re-read your post!

emilykate said...

So excited for you that this is all working out! And of course, who wouldn't want to spend a month with Judy and Volker?! :) Can't wait to hear stories!

Clint said...

I can't wait to hear all about it!

India's quite the place. You'll have moments when you're like, this is the craziest place I've ever been. But, I'm so glad we went.

How long will you be there?

Love, Alesa

Ashton said...

That's really cool, Christen. I'm so glad you made it happen!

Love you!
Ash

Christen Leigh said...

Alesa- good to hear from you! I actually was just perusing your India blog the other day. I saw it linked on Ash's and thought I'd get a feel for your experience there! :)

I will be there for about a month! I am excited to come back and talk to you about everything! I'm sure it will be a crazy but good experience. :)