Costume party, anyone?

This year provided me with the opportunity to attend a plethora of costume parties. I always enjoy an excuse to dress up and think it is so fun to see what other people come up with!

Costume Party #1--PYG Octoberfest
Theme: Items from Around the House

Our apartment attended as a group of lifeless dust bunnies.....wouldn't want to find one of us burrowed 'neath your couch, now would you? ;)

Hannah as a Hymns of Zion and Leah as a telephone

Taryn as a loofa-- you can tell she is a costume design major!

Dust bunny Amber with Tianna, a whoopee cushion :)

Ben and Brett as Kool Aid

Daveana made a perfect lamp

This creepo showed up half way through the party and lurked in the corner all evening, never saying a word. Who keeps a gorilla in their house, anyway?! :)



Costume Party #2--Gateway/Praise Night party

Due to a frenzy of last minute planning, this costume was based entirely on what was easily accessible in my closet. A zebra-striped scarf and shirt caught my eye, and--vua-la!--a zebra I became! (after some major hair fro-ing and face paint, that is) :)

I wish I would have gotten more pictures from this party, but unfortunately this is the only one I took. Faye went as a princess, Smith as an angel, Aves as Esther, Jaret as a "3 hole punch", and Shar as "Sharlin's twin." I think Shar's was my favorite. :)


Costume Party #3: 2nd Annual Bible Character party @ Rach and Jason's

Abby as a runner for Christ, Lisa as a torch, and Daish as a rainbow

Chalise was the sacrifice for all people and Natalie was the bride of Christ

Shar was an angel and Jaret was Balaam's "ass" :)

Carolyn and Rach as fruit of the Spirit

Emily as beautiful Rachel and myself as......beautiful......Leah ;)

Fun times, for sure. Until next year! :)
Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

mom said...

Oh my, Christen!! you girls make amazingly good dust bunnies!

- i don't know what to say about the "Leah" --it is quite hilarious.

and i can see why people were looking twice at you driving to Leo as the zebra.

smw said...

all your costumes were great. i like to be reminded of the leah one. it was just so awful it was fascinating. :)

emilykate said...

I think your cuteness as a dust bunny and zebra made up for poor ol Leah. :)

Sandra said...

SUper Fun and Creative!!
Love this post and you are a awesome Zebra!!

You poor "leah"....way to be a sport!!

I love rach's Pear?? Im guessing thats what "fruit" she is:)

leah said...

i'm not going to lie...i've always been a little defensive of leah is the bible...why, who knows? what does 'tender eyed' really even mean anyways?!

:)

let me remind you--it's LEAH who is in the linage of Jesus--wahoo to you!