Thankful

Last night I was in a journaling mood and decided to write a pre-thanksgiving list of things I am thankful for. Not surprisingly, friends and family were somewhere close to the top of the list. Today I am especially thankful for my Mom & Dad, Steve, Linda, and Em.

A few weeks back, Emily and I discovered we would both be the only kids in our families home on Thanksgiving day. Thus, we decided to propose a joint celebration to our parents. They agreed, and we ate a delicious thanksgiving dinner together, full of good talks and lots of laughs.

I am so thankful to have loving parents who offer continual wisdom and support to their youngest and arguably most dramatic daughter. :)

I am also thankful to have a close friend at this point in life with whom I share so much family history and common ground. I love that, being the youngest in our families, we have fun opportunities to do things like we did today. Maybe it really is true that the youngest kid gets spoiled in some ways.... ;)

Some pictures from dinner:


Hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving day!
Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

emilykate said...

Aw, so so fun! I absolutely loved spending yesterday with you!

mom (Jacki) said...

thanks to you girls, it was special to be with you.

Betsy said...

oh i love this. thanks for posting christen!

leah said...

oh i love this too! love the hubers, love the gutweins...and yes...being the youngest is muy muy bien!

Tricky said...

How fun!! Glad you have each other! Being the middle child is not nearly as cool :)