Hello friends! It has been a long time since I have contributed to the blog-o-sphere-- life has been a little crazy the past several months. :)
On April 26, I was proposed to by the most amazing man I know and, you guessed it, I said yes! ;) I feel so crazy blessed to have Chad in my life and am excited to see what God has in store for our future together. We plan to get married in a little less than 3 weeks--woohoo! :) I would type out our story here, but I am nowhere near that ambitious. Pictures will have to suffice. :)
The following picture was taken on the day that Chad drove to the high school I was student teaching at and proposed to me in front of the tennis team....bent knee, flowers, and all! Lets just say there was some explaining to do to some of my students the following Monday morning. :)
Chad and my parents (who I unfortunately did not get a picture with) were sweet enough to sit through a less than enthralling 3 hour ceremony to show their love and support. It was great to have them there!
My family took a vacation to Gatlinburg, TN for a week. It was a great trip and I loved being with everyone, as always!
And there you have it, the official last post of my "college blog". What a crazy, fun, hard, growing, and wonderful 4 years. :)
On April 26, I was proposed to by the most amazing man I know and, you guessed it, I said yes! ;) I feel so crazy blessed to have Chad in my life and am excited to see what God has in store for our future together. We plan to get married in a little less than 3 weeks--woohoo! :) I would type out our story here, but I am nowhere near that ambitious. Pictures will have to suffice. :)
The following picture was taken on the day that Chad drove to the high school I was student teaching at and proposed to me in front of the tennis team....bent knee, flowers, and all! Lets just say there was some explaining to do to some of my students the following Monday morning. :)
On May 15, I graduated from Purdue with a degree in Family and Consumer Sciences Education. Shannon and Laura were my closest friends from Purdue. We spent many hours together working on projects, going to class, and just having fun!
Chad and my parents (who I unfortunately did not get a picture with) were sweet enough to sit through a less than enthralling 3 hour ceremony to show their love and support. It was great to have them there!
Since graduation, the summer has been jam-packed with work, family vacations, wedding planning, showers, and simply making some all-around great memories.
One of the reasons Chad and I seem to clique: our similar levels of weirdness. :)
My family took a vacation to Gatlinburg, TN for a week. It was a great trip and I loved being with everyone, as always!
View from the balcony:
One of our family hiking endeavors....the one that did not have a nearly-tragic ending. ;)
Rach and Carolyn at the aquarium
Mom and Dad
Walking under the giant shark tanks...
With dearest Rach and Shar at our Francesville shower
The "Brownie Bake-off" game organized by Steph. We had to make brownies from scratch and then the guests voted an which ones they liked best. Both of our brownies ended up being surprisingly edible! :)
I had the opportunity to go with Chad's family to the lake for a couple of weeks, which was a lot of fun and a great way to get to know everyone.
The boys on their first sailing voyage
Darling! :)
With our dear Moms at a family shower in Illinois
And there you have it, the official last post of my "college blog". What a crazy, fun, hard, growing, and wonderful 4 years. :)
4 comments:
what a lovely blog post. :) but i do hope this doesn't mean that you'll never blog again!!
Thanks for the review of your exciting summer! We miss seeing you around as often, but praise God for His faithfulness in your life! You are special!
It's been a good run. :)
fun posts! Happy "answered prayer" days. God is good--always!! Before they are answered, or we know what the answer will be, HE is still just as good and great!!
love you!
Post a Comment