Winter, winter, winter......

It snowed..... again! Goodness knows when this insanity will stop. Guess what happened again? I fell down. This time I had bleeding knees. It's sad, folks. I've completely lost count of how many times I have slipped/fallen in the past month. Am I the only one with this problem? Do I have a special knack for discovering the most dangerously slippery parts of the sidewalk? Do I have inadequate snow shoes? "What am I doing wrong?" I silently weep to myself in the wakeful hours of the night when Ashley and the others think I'm sleeping or eating Kashi cereal. Little do they know of the agony I am in..... feeling alone in the world.....waiting longingly (although somewhat guilt-fully) for the day that I will witness some other beloved soul fall on the ice. Not so I can laugh at them or make fun of them, simply so I can add them to my "kindred spirit" list and find some semblance of comfort in this cruel world.
Category: 10 comments

10 comments:

Nick said...

Though it's been a few months since I experienced that quick loss of breath and resounding thud that inevitably accompanies my timeless meetings with the ice, I believe that Julie Herold (from Chicago) took part in that same activity within the last couple of days. Yesterday, her facebook message said

Julie just slipped on her driveway on a sheet of ice, her knee is a wreck her fingers bloody and she wont be surprised if her bottom bruises! :(.

You are not alone.

leah said...

oh crissy...you slay me. :D

Sarena said...

oh ho ho.. you make me giggle. oh course not the part about you falling down though!!.. well. ok. yes. that part also.

Anonymous said...

Maybe this ability to fall comes along with the inablilty to manuever small hair clips.
:) tehe
Love you and stop falling. It makes me sad for your knees

Anonymous said...

Christen, YOU are the crazy cat, not the kids or your friends--(although maybe they are too). i got my health laugh-for-the-day out of this. Please be careful. Maybe you should invest in a walking stick?

Closer to knowing... said...

i'm laughing out loud again. avi goes, "what? is it chris?" she's obviously gotten used to me hooting away while reading your blog.
~shar

leah said...

chrissy, i love how your mom calls you a "crazy cat"...pure pyg lingo...nice work jackie!

emilykate said...

okay my guess...it's your shoes. after another episode last night, there's got to be a reason behind all of this...:) love ya!

Anonymous said...

Christen - this is your cousin, Carmen! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one that falls on the ice. The other day I was walking to my car, and suddenly my feet flew out from underneath me like they'd been pulled by some giant string from above, and I whacked my head on the ice! I laid there and cried until I started to be afraid that I might freeze to death! :) Collin got stuck on a patch of ice the other day too - every time he took another step, he'd fall again and could barely get his footing. :) March is a yucky time for unfortunate ice-walkers.

Anonymous said...

oh, and by the way - it was the shoes! I've retired them until I can see bare pavement again.