A serious post

Just kidding. :) No really, I have been thinking that I should be serious one of these days just to shock the socks off of you all, but writing on here is usually a release from the daily monotony of school and such, and who wants to be serious when taking a vacate from real life?

And by real life I mean blizzards in March. All I have to say is..... I will (Lord willing, of course....he he) be sitting in Florida in exactly one week with some very tricky Troxels. A thrilling thought, indeed! Now if only I can muster up the motivation to plug through a couple exams and a paper, I'll be a free little bird.

Actually, I do have a more-serious-than-normal thought. Has anyone heard of Louie Giglio, by chance? I think that's how you spell his name... Well, I just discovered him the other day on Phil's ipod.... I think maybe Phil had said something about him before. Anywho, I stumbled across a talk by him when the 'ole ipod was on shuffle, and decided to listen to it, and mannnnnn I was not sorry. Very good. So, if you ever want something to listen to while driving/running/whatever else people do while listening to something.... check it out check it out check it out!!

Through the course of this talk I came back to a nagging that's been kind of nagging for quite a while. I really, really, really have this passion for music. I keep thinking that "It'll be my hobby" and that "I can go sing at the retirement home....." Well, turns out I think maybe I'm supposed to do something more with this passion, like become a secondary chorus teacher instead of a secondary CFS teacher. We'll see where the next semester or so takes me, but it seems that I keep coming back to this, and the only things holding me up are dumb. Like "I'm not the best musician around"... well who cares? If I love what I'm doing and put my all into it and am glorifying God, what could be better?! ehhhhhhhhh?

And who knows.... maybe after thinking/praying/waiting more, I'll realize that I am called to simply sing at the retirement home and serenade my roommates with sweet hymnals........ I really am open to whatever at this point.

Well, WOWZERS!!! I need to go! An English paper awaits and boy oh boy, I can't wait for it!
Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

emilykate said...

I was so happy to check your blog and discover a new post...congratulations on being part of my morning entertainment. :) If it's your passion and the thought isn't going away, go for it!! Life's too short...

emilykate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emilykate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
smw said...

i agree with emily

MEGH said...

well we get all thoughts once we are going through the horror of examinations
1. you always feel like reading a book
2. feel like studying some other subject.
3. feel like going out and hitting the road
may more
cheers