A moooooovelous way to travel!

Oh, Monticello, Monticello! How you bless and haunt me simultaneously. :)

A couple of weeks ago I saw quite the sight. Yes indeedy........quite the sight. One doesn't often see a limo in Pizza Hut's parking lot. Let me rephrase that--One rarely sees a limo in White County period. Well, our very parking lot was graced with not only a limo, but a cow printed limo boasting itself as a "Mooooooovelous way to travel". The license plate said "Wanna Moo?" Goodness, yes!

In the midst of a busy evening, I stole away to my beloved Buick to partake of a delectable personal pan. As I happily munched away, I had the entertainment of watching people's reactions to the car of the hour (or quite possibly the decade). Everyone had the same reaction-- not laughing, not really talking-- just slowly driving by with their head out the window with this look on their face that clearly said "What in tarnation is that contraption?!" People stopped and whipped out cell phones to forever etch the sight of the farm animal mounted car in their memories.

It was by far the most enjoyable meal break I've had all summer. I found myself laughing out loud more than once. :)

Here are a couple of pictures of the beaut! I think if you blow up the picture you can make out the contact info on the side of the limo. You know....... just in case you're looking for a classy car to go to prom in or something.
Category: 7 comments

7 comments:

leah said...

crack me up.

the pyg girls need to get ahold of that and drive it around campus...maybe for our birthday parties...woooo muy bien loco.

Tricky said...

makes me want to moo a song:)

emilykate said...

I'm so glad you posted about this! It truly is a 'beaut'. :)

smw said...

oh chris, this killed me. you have such a funny way of writing about things. :)

we saw perhaps this same limo in the parking lot of walmart a couple of months ago. we, too, drove by it very slowly and took it all in. did yours have a pile of 'do' underneath the back of the cow?
~shar

Kendra said...

That is hilarious Chris!!

Kendra <><

Christen Leigh said...

Shar--- yes, there was a pile of "do" on the back. There was also a picket fence (nailed?) to the back. There may have been other wonders I just failed to notice, too! Imagine the possibilities!!

Sandra said...

that is to funny. Never seen quite a sight as that.