The weekend and mid-week

I was recently contemplating the purpose of maintaining this blog and came to the conclusion that there really is none. Without giving it a second thought, I deleted it. Well, she was only dead for about 20 hours when I got a woeful chastisement from my dear Mother about how she wouldn't be able to keep track of what I'm up to in Leo, etc., etc. (Side note.... if you wanted to actually spell out "etc." how would it be? excetera? hmmmm) So, despite the fact that I feel my posts all start to look and sound the same and despite the fact that this may only please Mom, I am going to keep on blogging for at least the summer. After that, we'll see. :)

So anyway, I have been a faithful photographer of late. Here come about 1/15th of the pictures I've taken in the last week.....

Some fun Leo girls: Erica, Kirsten, Shannon, and Essie

This weekend was a PYG get together/reunion in Bluffton. It was great!

Dani and Kendra
We played some intense ultimate frisbee with......some pretty happenin' chicas!
Andrew thoughtfully contemplated all the deepest things in life while.....
some other boys pulled a tricky prank on Jesse. Lots of yard games (like croquet) were played. Needless to say, our group did not limit itself to the traditional rules of the game.....

Some hillbilly golf....And last but not least, a group of super friends!
After a weekend of yore, I returned home to find out that I got to have even more fun this week hanging out with the family. I have seen Shar, Jaret and the kids a shockingly small amount considering that we're only 5 minutes from each other!
Shar and Jaret
Jason and RachThe kiddos!Man! Don't you just want to squeeze those adorable little kids? :)

Well, that's all for now folks. Have a super week!
Category: 10 comments

10 comments:

Heidi said...

Christen, I also am glad you have a blog. I do check it when you have updated. I enjoy seeing what you are doing...so fun. Keep it going.

Your Huber cousin- Heidi Rink.

Tami said...

looks like you're off to a great start on your summer!!! i love the pictures. :) see ya soon?!

Kristen said...

Christen - I have to ask, what is a "weekend of yore"?

You need to post more pics of rach... was that a new haircut?

Daveana said...

Aww. looks like a fun weekend. Wish I could have made it! Hope work is going good! See you sometime soon! :)

Christen Leigh said...

Tami-- I think I'll see you @ the cousin weeknend-- at least for the friday/saturday portion. I am excited! :) Also, I just read on your blog that you are moving crazy!

Kristen.... I actually had to look up the word yore b/c I realized that I didn't even know what it meant. I thought it was similar to "jolly". Turns out it means "of old" or "long past". Does 3 days ago count as yore? :)

Also, Rach did cut her hair-- it looks super cute! I'll have to post more pics.

Sandra said...

please keep up your blog...not only do I love to read about how you are doing, but I get to see Rach as well:) Yes indeed...post more pictures of her and her new haircut. Im sure she did it herself...she always does and that is where I learned how to cut my own hair as well:) Thanks for posting.

mom said...

Christen, i got a smile out of Kristen's question about your "weekend of yore". you are a funny girl.

where is the little girl with the big boots? is it the room by Rachel's kitchen, or their living room. they must have a different couch? (or is it somewhere else?) The paint can makes me think it could be Rachel's house.

Christen Leigh said...

Mom-- it is in Rach and Jason's living room. That is one of their new couches. Isn't that the cutest picture ever, though? :)

mom said...

very cute!!!

Tricky said...

Dearest Crispy.....

I definitely don't think you should end your blog! You have such a way of making silly and boring things fun and exciting. Who would want to miss out on that? Not me!! Keep it going :) I love you lots and was glad to share such an awesome weekend with you yore ago (now I know that doesn't make sense :)).

Love ya!