The rest

Purdue Basketball Game


Although we were officially in the nosebleed section, this was a great game. Fun friends and a big victory for Purdue!


Cosmic Bowling at the Union

Posing in front of the mammoth Christmas by the front door:
Bowling...

Ice cream crawl
Some girls in my major planned a bar crawl (i.e. everyone travels from campus bar to campus bar and gets totally trashed...yay!), which a few of us felt less than compelled to attend. One of my friends came up with an alternative outing, an "ice cream crawl". Yup....we went to 4 different ice cream places in Lafayette and ate at all of them. Woah! Talk about a lot of icecream!
It was so fun and I feel blessed to have had Christian friends in my classes.

Stop #1: Coldstone--smiling big and ready to eat! Each of us took a date, and Jena was my lucky companion. :)
Stop #2 Culvers
Stop #3-The Silver Dipper--Still going strong!
Stop #4-Dairy Queen.....feeling full and appalled at the nutrition information so prominently displayed behind us


We didn't finish the whole bucket list, but I feel content with the amount we completed. Good memories fo sho! :)

Now I'm sitting at home, trying to wrap my brain around the fact that my Marstellar/Purdue days are over.

I'll admit it: I am sad. I feel a huge sense of loss, which is evidenced by a continual, dull ache in the pit of my stomach. I felt so ready to move on, but here I am on the day that I am supposed to and I just want to slam on the brakes.

Yet, I know a few months from now....goodness, probably tomorrow, life will seem less strange and uncertain. I will, once again, be excited about the future, not scared of it. God is faithful.

So, onward I press! It helps that this weekend is full of Christmas fun with the family. :)


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

Daveana said...

Loved the Ice-Cream Crawl! Isn't it great when there are others out there in your classes who don't enjoy things like that either!

Good Bye College, Hello "the Real World"
How thankful I am that someone else is joining me! Here's to the fun times to come!

Ashton said...

It was good to talk to you on the phone. I've been thinking about you a lot. This has got to be such a hard time. I hope it gets better and you can get excited about what's next.

Love you!

leah said...

oh my word. this is too much. why didn't we think of the ice cream crawl earlier!! that sounds like it would be right up my alley :)

wahoo!

Anonymous said...

We feel "sad" with you about the end of life at Marstellar/Purdue, and at the same time are excited to share the next few months of your life with you here.

Wonderful verse, too!

mom said...

i wrote mom, maybe anonymous was clicked accidentally. you could probably figure it out anyway :-)