Christmas 'n such

Last weekend was full of Christmas festivities at the Huber household! It is always so great to have everyone home for a few days.

Dad acting as Santa and delivering all of our stockings--I really like this picture :)

Rach, Jason, little Jack, & Carolyn

Jaret & Shar
Phil & Steph with Smith--he was quite thrilled with the abundance of legos he received from both Phil & Steph and Mom & Dad

The parentals! :)

Aves received several additions to her American Girl doll collection, including this cute little guitar:

This picture wasn't posed at all....

Faye had just opened up a little animal toy and was in the midst of a very heart-felt "Aaaawwwwwwww!" in this photo. So cute and so typical Faye :)

Many of my very most favorite people all together:

Crazy girls!
Wanna see my cards?! You gotta be quick with me....I'm from Erie P-A. (If you know what this quote is from, you just jumped at least 3 points on my scale of awesomeness)


Last but certainly not least: I have been keeping a certain piece of news on the DL for a few months now, but I think it is time to share. I guess it will come out eventually, right?!

So...I'm engaged to a total dreamboat named George!
......
.......
.......
......
....
...........
........
...........
............
...........
(this obscene number of dot-dot-dots is probably about more than you can handle, I know...but news this big needs a dramatic emphasis!)
...............
........
......
...
.......................
...........
.................
...........
......
Tada!

<3 <3 Our first Christmas together!! <3 <3
Whew. I'm glad that's finally out in the open--now I don't have to keep coming up with explanations for the silly smile that is always plastered on my face.

:) Anyway....
Christmas break always seems to fly by at a rapid pace--probably because I tend to make about a kabijillion plans. This week my plans include a shopping trip with Mom and Steph, some much needed dates with several friends, and most exciting of all.......the departure for PASSION 2011 in the ATL! I am SO excited about this conference. I have heard amazing things about it, and am so ready for a weekend full of amazing talks, worship, friends, and lots of learning. A perfect way to end Christmas break!

If you think of it, you can send up a prayer for our safety, for the speakers/musicians, and for each of us attending to have receptive/open hearts.

Hope you all had a very wonderful Christmas! Until next time....or should I say....until next year?!
Category: 5 comments

5 comments:

mom said...

George is a very happy soul, however i don't think he will be a very strong leader. :-)
Congratulations! How could we have been in the dark?

smw said...

you are a funny girl. :)

emilykate said...

Well, of course I know what movie that quote is from. :)
"You are. my. biggest. fan."

I was curious as to who George was going to be...(no pun intended). Ha, you crack me up! So fun being with you!

Daveana said...

Oh Christen, I need a good laugh! Especially the adjective dreamboat!

Tricky said...

Looks like you're having fun on your break! Can't wait to see you soon!