One week

Well, friends..... I am happy to say that I have survived my first week of student teaching--woohoo!

Although there are 15 weeks full of lesson planning, projects, and learning everything there is to know about being a rockstar teacher looming ahead :), I feel the worst is behind me. By "the worst", I am referring to the all of the wondering. I am starting to realize that it is the wondering leading up to a potentially hard or stressful life event that can drive me mad more than the actual happening of the event.

I mean, sometimes I will look ahead and think "OH NO! What if xyz happens? Anything but that!" And then xyz gos right on and happens, but I am met in that place with the perfect amount of grace to get me through... and life moves on. So even though I know I will have days when I will majorly stink at this teaching thing, I am ready to have them. Does that make sense at all?

Anyway.....I had about the best first week possible. All of the teachers were so sweet and welcoming, the kids are just funny (oh middle school) :), and my mentor teacher is super awesome. On Friday she came bustling in with a cute little apron  that she somehow found the time to sew/embroider for me despite her crazy schedule. It was so sweet and my automatic impulse was to hug her....but then I realized that might be weird at this point in our relationship, so I refrained. :)

Well, I am sure there will be some interesting tales to tell, but I take over the 6th grade tomorrow, and should probably look over my lesson plans or something responsible like that. This whole transition to adulthood thing is a work in progress... it has been years since I have consistently gone to bed before 11....or even 12 for that matter. :)

My spare closet transformed into an office:
I did my best to make it look as un-closet-like as possible, since spending hours on end in a closet sounded a little weird and depressing. :)
Category: 8 comments

8 comments:

leah said...

that crazy xyz...it'll sure get ya. :) gotta watch out for 'em :)

i'll be thinkin and praying for you this week girlie. miss you much & love you more.

Joy said...

I love your closet office! You know what you could do? There is this paint thats magnetic, you could paint the wall above your desk with that, buy some cool magnets, and ta-da! Just an idea:) Glad you had a good first week!

emilykate said...

Oh you...how I long to sit in the closet office with thee.

That's me saying I miss you.

Excited to hear about week #2...oh middle school. Not the easiest time of life. :)

smw said...

i have been wondering how it's going, but everytime i think to call, you're teaching. :(

your thoughts about being depressed after spending a bunch of time in a closet made me laugh. i'd feel the same. maybe some artwork on the walls? and a lot of lamps? :)

Sandra said...

we had lots to talk about on sunday and I wish we had more time...Id have loved to hear about your first week. Guess we can catch up some more next sunday at lunch:). I love having you around!!

mom (and dad too) said...

We love having you around home, too! just knowing you're around for a few months is great!!

Daveana said...

I love your office. It's cute! :) Glad things are going well! I probably would have hugged her and then felt awkward forever afterwards. But that's me! Please do tell more of your middle school experiences!

Tricky said...

ohhh....how cute your little desk area looks! What a nice little nook ;) Glad your first week went well.....and now you are mid-way through the second! Hopefully it's just the same....splendiferous!!