Growing up

Well, things have been going really well since the last time I wrote. This past week has flown by, for which I am thankful!

This Friday we had Camp PYG at Alan Furrer's house in Brookston, which was a lot of fun. Almost everyone from the group came and ate, sang, played games, had a bible study, and most importantly---- -camped out in tents. YESSSS! :)

One thought I've had since moving to Lafayette is how weird it is when life changes, and how fast it does! All in one day you go from depending on your parents for everything to doing almost everything yourself. You go through one of the biggest changes you'll ever experience over night, but somehow you're just supposed to keep going and act like everything is normal.

....Which I have been doing..... but every once in a while I could get a little depressed. Don't get me wrong- I love college and my roommates are great. Sometimes I just get sad when I look back at my first years of high school and how innocent and carefree life was-- how the most imortant thing to think about was what I was doing next with my never-changing group of friends. Now everyone is getting married, moving, or going to college, and I feel life will never be quite the same again.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure that this is an amazing time of life, and so far I've really been enjoying it. I suppose I just need to live each day fully and not look back....... (how cliche) :D


Well, I hope you all had a marvelous Labor day! I'm going off to frolick in the sunshine.........
Category: 2 comments

2 comments:

hubergal said...

i love you. you always make me laugh and smile, dear frolicking sis.
~shar

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris,
It is fun to read your blog. it was sort of nice to know that you feel a little sad going through the changes, so i am not the only one!! Actually i think i am doing better! It was nice to be with you for supper and services tonight, and it was a nice eve. I was blessed to be there. Lots of food for thought. And i did almost get the giggles once more because of what we talked about, but remembered your advice to use self control, so thought, "ok, don't laugh, don't laugh---and maybe i am finally growing up--i didn't laugh! (and i purposely DIDN'T look at you.) Being with my daughters in church (or at times during prayers around the table at home) have been some of my worst times for getting the giggles!!! Hope you have a good singing tomorrow, and hope to see you Sat.
Love you lots, Mumsie