
I've spent the last 3 weeks taking a series of personality tests, inventories, and assessments that are supposed to help me determine what I should major in. It's been interesting and a little surprising because my results are consistently saying that I’m more "artistic" than "social", meaning that I would be better suited to do something with music than something like counseling. (although my results do leave room for me to pursue a career in teaching or social work).
I would LOVE to major in music education of some sort, but I hesitate to do so because it would mean I’d be transferring to another school, which sounds like too big of a step to take on a whim. So for now, I’m going to take some music electives and work towards a secondary education degree in English or FACS.
……And although I don’t really expect to transfer anywhere at this point, I wouldn’t be horribly surprised if I wasn’t at Purdue in a year or 2……
Time will tell, eh?
I would LOVE to major in music education of some sort, but I hesitate to do so because it would mean I’d be transferring to another school, which sounds like too big of a step to take on a whim. So for now, I’m going to take some music electives and work towards a secondary education degree in English or FACS.
……And although I don’t really expect to transfer anywhere at this point, I wouldn’t be horribly surprised if I wasn’t at Purdue in a year or 2……
Time will tell, eh?
No comments:
Post a Comment