It's Thursday and I leave tomorrow for a fun-filled, busy wedding weekend at a bright and early 8:00 a.m.!
So on Monday I went on a job hunt and much to my surprise, found a job almost right away! Not the job I'd expected, but a job. The place I will be starting at come Monday at 5:00 is........... (drum roll please) Pizza Hut! I have always thought it would be kind of fun to waitress and the doors just opened up, so I feel good about it and am excited. I'm also a little nervous because I have never waitressed before and this particular Pizza Hut is extremely busy during the summer due to all the tourists at Indiana Beach. We shall see how it goes, eh?
So..... Emily's recent post about her lake inspired me to write a little poem about Lake Latoka. A poem that I intended to only send to her, but I showed it to Phil and he told me I needed to write a post about it because "something that over the top just needs to be shared" or something like that. :) So, here it is.
(Note to the reader... one is required to read the following poem aloud in a jovial voice filled with a bit too much enthusiasm to experience its full e(a?)ffects)
Lake Latoka- oh what a place!
In the mirror-like water one can see their....face
Fishes flip and frolic about
Children sing and EVEN shout
I lay on the dock in sunning bliss
Not even one ray of sunshine will I miss
VRRRRROOOOM goes the motor on the beloved boat
I daily thank the Lord for such a nifty way to float
Lo! The sun is setting in the west
It's been a long day... to the cabin, my resting nest!
2 comments:
dear, dear chris, this has been a not so hot day, and i can't tell you how happy i was to read this funny post. touched and blessed, actually, to the point i almost cried. bless you for bringing some lightness and laughter to my life. i'm starting to think that i don't know what i'd do without you.
~shar
christen huber, you're an inspiration to us all! i must say, while 'over the top' and funny, this poem is rather well written. i believe you have a gift! let me know if you'll be reciting this live somewhere, i'd love to bask in the sound of your wonderful voice saying words like lo!
love ya!
Post a Comment