A spin off of Em's "I love my friends" posts

Last night I stayed at Bahlers after Kaitin and Janessa's open house. It was grand, as usual. Oh how I love the late nights spent at the Bahlers. I stayed there one night during finals week (when I probably should have been studying) laughing and talking with Kaitlin until 4 am. Very irresponsible? Maybe. Totally worth it? You bet ya! :)

"They" (I could start to philosophize about who this they is, but I'll save that for another day) always say that a good friend is one who cries with you when you're crying and laughs with you when you're laughing...... and honestly, that pretty much defines my relationship with Kaitlin. There have been SO MANY times that we have weirdly gone through extremely similar things at the same time and were able to go through them together. When we are both doing swell, we can talk and joke for hours and not run out of things to say. We can sit in silence for shockingly long periods of time without even noticing or feeling like we need to fill it. Our friendship is pretty much the epitome of all the cheesy cliches that define "true friendships." :)

So Kait-- even though I know you probably won't read this for a month or so, congrats grad!!! YA DID IT! :) Thanks for being a great friend. I think we're due for a midnight swim in Denny and Mary Ann's pond, wouldn't you say?

A picture of the two of us at family camp....... it makes me laugh because we look about 10, but it really wasn't all that long ago. :)

Category: 1 comments

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

Christen-
I love you so much and I'm so thankful/blessed to have you as a friend. It's amazing how God has given us each other through all of our different issues...and also how much we understand each other too! You're so right...I feel like I'm looking into a mirror and listening to a recording when you explain how you are feeling about things. I love it! Thanks for being there to cry with and everything. :) I need it more than you know. God is so awesome!