I am currently sitting at Monticello Public Library with 3 hours to kill between shifts at work (actually only about an hour and a half more at this point!). I plan to check out a few books and then be off to Wal-Mart for some errands. (do I sound like a Mom or what? "Running errands"..... geesh). :)
So my most recent excitement is anticipating the fact that my whole family is going to be home this weekend for the first time in quite a while! Shar and Jaret are leaving for a business trip and are dropping the kids off for a couple of days. Rach is off of work, so she'll be stomping the 'ole home grounds, too. It's pretty much going to be great.
I was just going to say I couldn't think of anything to write about, but I did just think of something kind of post-worthy. We got a dog. Most of you probably know the story, but our old dog Frisky (may he rest in peace) was brutally killed by our neighbors dog a couple months back. Really sad story..... but really funny/ironic as well. If you want the details, you can ask me in person. :) Apparently our neighbors felt pretty bad about it and offered us another dog, which we accepted. She is medium sized and black, so my Dad appropriately dubbed her "Blackie".
Oh and another crazy happening was the storm Wednesday night! After church, we all had to go down in the bathrooms because there was a tornado only 3 miles east of Rennsselear. I wanted to stay up and watch the storm through the window, but knowing it would have left a few elderly ladies in a panic, I went down in the basement. :) I must say, though, that I prefer sitting and watching storms from an upstairs window over going to the basement. On this particular Wednesday, I found myself trying to decide if I have a healthy dosage of appreciation for storms or if I'm totally foolish. I came to the conclusion that if the building is about to fall down or if there is a tornado headed straight at me, I WOULD be foolish to insist on standing at the window. If not, I don't see the harm in enjoying a good storm.
So I guess you shouldn't be surprised if I die a dramatic death in the clutches of a monster tornado. :)
Well, after this random post, I'm off to Wal-Mart. Hope everyone's enjoying this steamy weather outside!!
5 comments:
Oh Christen. I do think that I would be in the same situation as you. I don't think I could pull myself away from that window if a tornado was coming straight at me.
crissy, we would die together watching the storms out the window....i love storm watching!!!
okay, i'm sorry, but as soon as you i read frisky (may he rest in peace) i started cracking up. maybe its my inappropriate humor...i'm sure you get it though. :) glad to have another post from you. you pretty much rock!
I'll never forget the night Frisky died!!! Oh what memories:)
i began laughing at the same point as emily. thanks, once again, dear sis, for the laughs. :)
~sharsh
Post a Comment