don't you dare steal mine!
Despite the fact that the title of my post is a small excerpt from a song (girls...... :) ), it does have a story behind it.
So... we are all familiar with the black books you get your bill in at restaurants, yes? Well, I have to carry one of those around with me at all times to keep my receipts, coupons, and money. Tuesday's lunch hour was hectic and in the midst of the running-around madness, I left my book on the counter for a total of a minute. When I came back, it wasn't there. Or anywhere. "WHERE IS MY BOOK?!" I said to anyone who happened to be listening, hoping that I had just forgotten where I put it.
Well, lo and behold it showed up in the kitchen a few minutes later with a grand total of four dollars left in it. Thankfully I had only acquired 20 some dollars in cash by that point in the day, but needless to say, I was ticked. Seriously--who does that? Well, I decided to just let it blow over and be more careful in the future.
The next day (yesterday) I had to open at 10:30 with the girl that stole my money (yes, I know who did it although I technically have no "proof") and I found myself struggling all day long to overcome my feelings of resentment towards her-- not so much because she stole from me, but because she was so sugary sweet all day and made several comments about "how much she hated the stealing around pizza hut", etc. Let's just say that if I had a dollar for every smart retort I wanted to throw at her but didn't (due totally to God's grace), I would have my 20 dollars back and more. :)
I found myself thinking "CHRISTEN!!! What is your deal? You should be sad for this girl! You should be loving her, not despising her!" And part of me truly does ache for her. I have seen enough of this girl to know her life has been rough and that she probably needs 20 dollars a whole lot more than I do. I guess I am experiencing first hand that loving others isn't always easy, but it is totally, totally necessary! I am also seeing first hand how prideful I am. This whole thing has been reminding me of the verse that says to "turn the other cheek". Very easy to quote, a little less easy to do. (for me at least!) :)
Ok I am done. I am becoming exactly the type of blogger I never wanted to be--- the type that rambles on and on for paragraphs. I fear my blog is becoming the kind you click on and quickly exit out of because the massive amount of writing overwhelms you before you even start to read. So I really should stop writing now because it's only getting longer..............ah! The End, friend!
The next post will be shorter or maybe even just have pictures or something half way interesting, I promise! Don't lose heart, my fearless reader!!
7 comments:
I haven't lost heart in the least!!! I love reading your posts. :) I'd have to say that I would struggle with the same thing...that's frustrating, but God's given you a good life lesson to carry with you. love ya girl!
don't worry, i love your paragraphs of rambling. and wow...you sure are going to learn to 'love the unlovables' this summer. praying for you...and if i had one guess as to who stole your money....
I have to say "Chrissy", I do enjoy reading your blog now and then. Thanks for being such a great friend to Emily! I enjoyed the video, pictures and ramblings! :) Linda
awww Chris, I too know how you feel:) I'll pray for your patience. Also, you will never loose me as a devoted reader!
Tami-- long time no talk/see! I traverse to your blog every once and again and enjoy all the games, etc! Hope you're doing welL and that I'll see you all soon. Love ya!
Emily-- as stated today, you guessed it! :)
Linda-- I feel just honored to have a comment from you on my blog. It brought a big smile to my face! Thanks for raising such an awesome daugther. :)
Trickity-- you are one devoted reader and amiga. Hope you had a good week!
Sounds like you're having the same kind of problem I did last year.
:( No fun.
I just learned to be extra careful!
christen,
I know what you mean....I believe it or not worked at Steak n Shake in college and lo and behold I too was stolen from. Only I know exactly who did it because the people who left the tip watched them take it and when he was confronted by manager and all he still refused to fess up. Such is life. Keep being a great example at work oh and I enjoy reading your blog...keep up the good posts:)
Post a Comment