Mothers Day and a Birthday

Friends, neighbors, and fellow countrymen-- today is May 13, 2008. MEANING- that it is my Mom's birthday!!

Sometimes I feel my Mom almost gets short-handed having her birthday so close to Mothers Day, but I hope that it can be a special day/week for her because she deserves it!!

Here are just a few reasons why she's pretty great:

1- She is a hard worker in ALL she does!
2- She is always doing things for others-- writing cards, volunteering, making good food, etc.
3- She is always available to lend a listening ear and advice. If only I had a dollar for every time I have sat and vented to her, shared my concerns/fears, asked for advice, etc.....
4- She is always up for a good laugh, oftentimes at times when we probably shouldn't be laughing... which makes it all the funnier. :) In fact, we had quite the slap-happly laughing session yesterday ("Two-oh-two-seventy-seven!!' pound pound.... oh boy)
5- Most importantly, she taught me about Jesus and has been the most wonderful Christian example I could have asked for in a Mom.

Well, I could go on longer, but for the sake of not being too sentimental or making anyone uncomfortable, I will conclude my list at 5. :)

So thanks, Mom, for being wonderful! I hope you have a special Birthday and Mothers Day!! Never forget that we love and appreciate you a WHOLE lot!

Category: 6 comments

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Chris. That was much too sweet. Today i cried when i considered how unworthy i am of all my many, many blessings--and at the top of that list, (first being the Lord and my wonderful hubby,) is the verse quoted Sunday at the wedding service, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." I am so very, very thankful for your faithful lives. To GOD be all glory! He is so good.

leah said...

that jackie is one crazy cat...

Anonymous said...

Leah!! You little girl,---you are one crazy kitten! :-)

emilykate said...

I have to agree, Jackie Huber is pretty great! I would say something like "Chris, don't we just have the best familes?" But I think that statement has been worn out with us.

Like the blog facelift...

Rebekah said...

Aunt Jacki, you are the best!! My sisters and I often say we are amazed at your thoughtfulness. The beautiful flowers you send us for our birthdays are always such a wonderful surprise!! We love you so much and are thankful for every chance we get to be with you. I'm looking forward to being in Francesville for VBS...we'll have to get in touch and see if we can spend some time with you then.

Love you and very happy belated birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much, Rebekah for the kind "happy birthday". We are excited to know you are coming---i will be in touch via email. Love you so much!!