So I have an urge to spend my evening writing out a list of all my goals/aspirations for the summer. Sort of a to-do list in a more broad and general sense, you know? Does anyone else do that? It seems like a perfectly normal thing to me, but when I told Phil that I thrive on my lists/journaling, he just laughed and told me that I am a tree killer. hehe. Maybe so, but honestly I don't anticipate putting an end to my flurry of daily writing any time soon.
Oh my--speaking of writing--on Friday night after moving all my stuff home, I happened upon a big box with all of my important notes and journals from basically my whole life. It was shocking and kind of funny and kind of a little depressing to look back and see that I seem to have a lot of the same struggles/thought processes today that I was having 6 years ago. It was also encouraging and very funny to look back at some of my fears and struggles that are (thankfully for the sanity of myself and those close to me) loooonnng gone. Oh boy.... what an interesting duck I was. :)
So really there is no point to this post other than to encourage any fellow-journalers to stand strong in the midst of those who challenge your "tree-killing":) And to recommend reading through any old journals or notes you may have on hand--- mine offered me an evening of HEARTY laughter! (a night of laughter, I might add, that was quite the welcome relief after a week of a feeeew too many sad moments/tears due to life and its inevitable changes. Ohhhhhhhhhhh the PYG :) )
Posted by
Christen Leigh
Category:
6
comments

6 comments:
i am a tree killer, too. it's my best way to get ahold of a situation. i support you sister!! by the way, do you want to come out this friday and spend the night? my fam is off to a wedding and will be gone from about 4pm friday 'til midnight or beyond. it will be just me and little faye, so i'm in search of some fun and companionship.
i used to be more of a tree killer. for some reason, i haven't journaled consistently in a few years...it probably would be good for me to get back into the habit.
shar, i wish ilived closer...i'd bring little aria and we'd let she and faye get acquainted and we could chat about new mommy things and other things that are much more interesting. :)
is that photo on your post really all your previous journals? that's impressive if it is. Happy Tree Killing
Shar-- alas! I am going to Illinois for Natalie's wedding on Friday night b/c we have our final dress fitting. I suppose I won't be able to offer you fun and companionship on a lonely Friday eve. Hopefully very soon I will be able to come visit, though, b/c it feels like it has been ages since I've been with you all!!
And Katelyn-- no, I am sad to admit that my journal pile isn't quite that impressive... but it's well on its way! hehe. :)
so...ironic. well, actually i'm not that surprised. but i actually did the same thing last night. went through my old journal and i think i had a similar experience of laughing at some things and cringing at others. i'm sure i'll be doing a post about it. love ya!
Dear Chris,
I'm sure you get some of your venting on paper from me---as well as the goal thing. I just recently wrote goals for myself since my concerns have shifted off of you somewhat to other things, ha. (empty nest, you know?) Even though all of you are still in my thoughts and prayers "constantly", it's different.
Also, i think i told you this, but don't pitch old journals.--( depending on the situation, i guess there could be times you should pitch, but in general they are funny and interesting to look back on!!) I wrote one in 6th grade, and when I read it in early high school days, was mortified and embarrassed, so pitched it, but i would love to read it now. I think the reason I threw it away then was because I said something in there about a boy i liked, and said, "i know people call this puppy love, but this is true love!" or something. anyhow, it would be quite fun to read that now, but I don't have it :-(
Post a Comment