Making the special days last longer.......

So, I turned 20 about a month ago, and ever since then I have been anticipating a "surprise" that my roommates said they were planning for me. I had no clue what it was, but tossed around ideas like pottery painting and ice skating. With all the cold weather we were already enduring on campus, I secretly hoped it wasn't ice skating. :)

Well, around 10:00 am Friday I got a call from an unknown number to confirm a massage appointment for 12:00. I thought "What massage appointment? And how do they know my name and number?" I was totally confused until it dawned on me..... THAT was the surprise! Yahoo!

For a while I thought I would try to feign shock upon arrival to the massage place, but finally realized how horrible I am at pretending and decided I might as well tell the girls that the cat was out of the bag, so to speak. We all had a good laugh. :) Then, a guy at the salon ruined the next surprise by saying "Olive Garden's the next stop, eh?", which (although I had a pretty good idea about) I hadn't been told. I tell you what, that Christina and Company crew just can't keep a secret! :)

BUT.... they can give a killer massage and turn an average Friday into...... a stellar one. What an awesome way to end my birthday festivities! Ashley & Kendra- you know me well. Thanks a million-- you're amazing!

Me when I was still in the "feigning surprise" mode....see, my "hmmm where are we going?" look is SO not convincing!

Trickity and myself at ze vunderful Italian dining establishment
Kendra mid-discovery of all the delectable items featured in the menu!

Category: 4 comments

4 comments:

Tami said...

looks awesome! what a fun day!!!

emilykate said...

aw roommates are the best!

love you girls!

Tricky said...

Glad you were born:)

Anonymous said...

you are blessed to have such wonderful roommates. The (not) surprises were funny, but it sounds like it didn't take away from how much fun you had.