Ok. I just came to a very distressing realization. I have ZERO pictures of my Dad and me together! I wanted to post a cute little photo of us because (as you may have guessed by now) he is my hero of the week. Well, I searched through all my picture folders and even resorted to sifting through pictures people had tagged of me on facebook in hopes of finding a picture of us together and......Nope. Nada. Nein. A tragedy, to be certain! :)
So onto the story: I got a flat tire (for the second time in a little over a month, I might add) and went to Wal-Mart to get it fixed. The guy at the counter mumbled around about how they couldn't fix my spare tire (yes, it went flat, too) because there was some sort of "federal law" against it........apparently it's pretty scandalous to pump some air into a doughnut. He then went on to tell me that I needed a new tire rim for my big tire and recommended that I go to a junk yard to find one. Since I often frequent the local junkyard, his advice was most helpful and encouraging! :)
More annoying than this less than ideal solution to my predicament was the obviously humored look on the guy's face when I came huffing and puffing into Wal-Mart with a tire on each arm. I guess I don't pull off the 'ole "tough and independent" act quite as well as I had hoped! :)
Anyway............I was unsure of what to do (and, quite honestly, didn't want to do anything), so I called Dad to get some wise, fatherly advice--and what did he do? He drove all the way to West Lafayette today just to figure out what to do with my tire. Turns out it was fixable without going to the junkyard, and I arrived home from class to an inflated tire already on my car!
Isn't he so sweet?!
Thank you, Dad! Expect me to arrive home this Friday night with camera in hand! :)
10 comments:
He is wonderful! I'm glad your tire is fixed. Hope to see you Friday, and i can take your picture!
Chris-
I was glad I checked your blog this morning...I have to say Jarod and I are probably one of the biggest fans of your Dad and Mom! You have been increadibly blessed to have such AMAZING parents...and I think you know it.
love you - Heidi Rink.
Oh BH, what a guy!
Aren't Dad's the greatest!! Make sure to get that picture or two or three with you and your dad!!
I'm right up there with Heidi for being a biggest fan of Brian & Jacki! They are both very special people that God uses in wonderful ways! I love them both, dearly!
Oh Uncle Brian...How much I adore thee...let me count the ways...err...I'll stop before I COMPLETELY freak everybody out!!
Just wanted to second everybody else and say how much we love your dear Dad and Mom.
What a worthy hero!
yay brian!
what a guy!
i would go on and on about my love for your dad as well, but to avoid drowning in the cheese, i'll just say, he's one of the best men i've ever known.
Thanks Chris, for your kind post,it will be nice having you home this weekend, I love you.
And to Hon, and for all the other notes that have been posted, I also say thanks, but I feel unworthy of your kind words. I love each of you!
God's Blessings to all!
he is sweet. the greatest.
Post a Comment